The One Young World – Lead2030 Challenge is specifically focused on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 15. The SDG 15 aims to protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems to benefit, now and in future, from this natural ecosystem-service.
Novartis is looking to support SDG 15 by funding a project, which utilizes data/digital/novel technologies to generate positive action, protect, restore and sustainably use the services provided by the natural land ecosystem.
The applicant’s project should address at least one of the following:
- Freshwater recycling capacity
- Restoring biodiversity of the ecosystem
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from Novartis
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Novartis professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as business strategy, best practices for data collection, monitoring and evaluation and product design.
To be eligible for the Lead2030 challenge, you must meet the following requirements:
- Aligned: Aligned with the SDG 15 challenge.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven: Readily available, in or past implementation phase.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
How to Apply
To apply for the challenge you need to fill out an application form at https://www.oneyoungworld.com/lead2030/challenge-sdg15
It will require you to:
- Provide a link to a video personal statement
- Upload a copy of your business plan
- Upload proof of your organisation’s business/charity registration
The application deadline is December 18th 2020 at 5 p.m. GMT.