The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build the capacity of Youth from Egypt and the other African States and foster establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets to build the capacity of 10,000 young calibres and support the establishment of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all Africa. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
The AfricanApp launchpad will focus on two competition tracts –
Join this track if your startup team is working on game development, VR, or AR applications.
Join this track if your startup team is working on specific App development using any technology. (Mobile, Cloud, Web, IoT, AI, etc.)
- Three winners for each of the two tracks: USD 12K, 8K, 4K.
- The other 24 finalists: USD 1K each.
- A real-time online business planning training will be offered to finalists by GrindStone.
- GTM program delivered by Thinkroom Consultancy for the first place winners and funded by Microsoft.
- VC introduction from Microsoft Network across Africa
- Eligible Africa Countries: Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must
How to Apply
The submitted applications, as well as pitching, will be judged on the four following areas
- Innovation Originality/Creativity
- Business Model
- Art and/or Design of the Game/App
- Team Competencies
You can submit your application at http://techleaders.eg/aal/competition2020/registration/
The application deadline for AfricanApp LaunchPad is Sunday, 22nd November 2020.
For more information on the competition, please visit http://techleaders.eg/aal/competition2020/