Startup North East is a partnership between the US Embassy and the social arm of the Venture platform. It seeks to identify and support innovative and technology-focused startups whose activities can create solutions to the problems in northeast Nigeria, and especially address gaps in areas of aid distribution and data management.
Since 2009, according to estimates from the United Nations (UN), more than two million people have been displaced from their homes due to conflict in the region, and more than seven million depend entirely on humanitarian aid to survive.
With the entire programme conducted virtually, six successful startups will receive exclusive support for four months as they build, deploy and drive strong traction for solutions which mitigate the operational risks faced by development agencies.
Here are a few reasons why you should apply for Startup North East:
- Business equity-free funding up to $3,000 each for 6 startups.
- Get access to a pool of mentors and business experts.
- Access to a network of partners.
In order to qualify for this funding, The following criteria have to be met:
- You must be operating in Nigeria
- The startup is in idea-stage or early-stage
- Can demonstrate the potential for future scale
- The solution must be solving a problem around the key area of interest
- Startups should have a well-rounded, complementary team i.e. in-house capacity for product vision (what to build), technology (how to build it), and business (how to make money from it)
- Founders should have some unique insight or compelling worldview deep domain expertise and/or a strong grasp of the landscape an eye for detail tenacity, high conscientiousness, and a bias towards execution
- The solution should leverage technology
How to Apply
To apply for the program, send your applications to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7e0rrWBMaq4_HfKAeXxz9ItPubkJDYvEr3dRqbX_b2y9d5Q/viewform
Or visit their website at https://startupne.venturesplatform.com/ for more information.
Applications for startup North East close on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.