The Jacobs Startup Competition is an international competition for student entrepreneurs from all over the world including Nigeria.
It is organized entirely by students. The competition gives student entrepreneurs access to a large network of founders, mentors, and experts, and provide a platform to pitch their ideas to judges and investors.
The First Prize winner of the Jacobs Startup Competition will get 3000 €, the Second Prize winner gets 1000 € and the Third prize winner gets 500 €.
Other benefits include:
- Including incubator programs and individual coaching sessions
- Access to a large network of founders, mentors, and experts
- A platform to pitch your idea to judges and investors
- A unique, international startup atmosphere at the final event
How It Works
First Round – Submit a short summary of your startup idea and how you plan on being profitable directly on our website. Applications will be reviewed by the experienced JSC team and the most promising ideas will enter the second round. Make sure to watch out for valuable advice/hints on our Facebook page. This will help you find your startup idea and make the best out of your application!
Second Round – Teams that go through to this round will be asked to submit a more detailed executive summary of their business ideas. You will be guided by questions about your startup’s value proposition, pricing and sales strategy, financing plans and your visions for the future.
Third Round – The best 10 applicants will then enter the final round of the Jacobs Startup Competition. Each team will be provided with a personal mentor who will advise them on their final JSC pitch. The two-day final event will take place on the international Jacobs University campus (Jacobs Startup Competition will support a portion of your travel expenses.). The final 10 teams have the chance to win the prize money as well as several other valuable resources.
- Student entrepreneurs from all over the world
- You can apply as an individual or as a team
- All members of your team who would attend the final event and pitch your idea must be enrolled at a university throughout the course of the competition (October 2020 to March 2021). Non-university students may work on the startup but will not be allowed to pitch the idea.
- Business ideas submitted to JSC should not yet have generated revenue of more than 20,000€ p.a
Note: JSC applicants that have made it to the final 10 teams in previous editions are not eligible for consideration.
How to Apply
To apply for the competition click this link https://www.jacobs-startup.com/coming-soon (Applications open November 1st 2020)
The application deadline is December 13, 2020.
For more information please visit their website https://www.jacobs-startup.com/