The THRIVE Africa Challenge, was set up by Silicon Valley Global (SVG) Ventures, a firm that invests in early-stage technology companies, to solve the problems of the African agrifood industry, accelerate the development of the ecosystem, and select the best startups and scale-ups for investment and global recognition.
The THRIVE Africa Challenge seeks innovative solutions specifically designed for the African agrifood industry.
SVG Ventures will select the best startups and scale-ups for investment. The winner will enjoy the following benefits:
- Recognition Award: THRIVE Africa Challenge Award
- Silicon Valley Startup Bootcamp (Summer 2021) for max. 2 founders, conducted by THRIVE (US$ 15k value total, including travel, food, and accommodations)
- Invitation to pitch at the THRIVE VII Accelerator Finals. Selected companies receive investment and the opportunity to pitch at THRIVE|Forbes Demo Day 2021 in Salinas, CA, USA
- Recognition by SVG THRIVE
- Automatic acceptance as a Samsung XTC Finalist
- Benefits for Entrepreneurs
- Promote innovation and recognize the most promising agrifood companies in Africa.
- Exposure to local & international investors and organizations
- Acceleration and attraction of the agrifood innovation ecosystem to the continent, bringing together key organizations
- The winning company qualifies for the finals of the THRIVE Accelerator program
- An announcement in THRIVE social media, website and newsletter
To be eligible for the Thrive Africa Challenge, startups should be Seed to Series A with technologies focused in the following areas:
- Food safety
- Indoor farming
- Farm management
- Sensing and IoT
- Animal health and livestock
- Robotics and automation
- Innovative food (ingredient innovation)
- Big data and predictive analytics
- Supply chain management and traceability
- Packaging and freshness solutions
The challenge is open to agrifood companies in Africa.
How to Apply
To be selected for investment and global recognition, apply via https://airtable.com/shrWknTVDkRWDjku1
The application deadline is Friday 20th November 2020 11:59 PDT.
For more information please visit their website https://thriveagrifood.com/africa-challenge/