Facebook has opened the portal for its COVID-19 Grant programme aimed at supporting small businesses that were affected by the Global pandemic.
The social networking giant which has offered to support small businesses in over 30 countries (Nigeria included) with the sum of $100 million partnered with Deliotte Nigeria to support over 781 small businesses in Nigeria with 400,128 Naira in cash grants and 240,077 in advertising credits.
You might be interested in How to Attract Customers for Your Business Using Social Media
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a for-profit business
- have between 2 and 50 employees
- have been in business for over a year
- have experienced challenges from COVID-19
- be in or near a location where Facebook operates (all locations in Nigeria are eligible)
You will be required provide the following documents in PDF formats
- Your most recent financial statements or accounts (Please ensure you provide full financial statements or accounts for your business. At a minimum, the financial statements you provide should include a balance sheet and an income statement/profit or loss statement. A balance sheet typically includes a summary of all of your business’ assets and liabilities. For example assets include items such as cash, balances due from your customers, buildings owned by your business, stock held by your business etc. For example, liabilities include balances due to your suppliers, loans due to financial institutions etc. An income statement/profit or loss statement includes a summary of your income, expenses and profit for a year. Abridged financial statements or accounts will not be accepted).
- Legal documents proving that your business has been established for at least one year e.g your annual tax returns, business registration documents (CAC), business licence or partnership agreement.
NOTE: You may be asked to provide further details and documents at a later stage in the process.
How to Apply
To apply please visit the application portal in the link below (Please note that portal will be open to businesses in Nigeria from 2pm on 24 August 2020 to 5pm on 04 September 2020).
Click here to apply: – https://everest.apply-aims-grants.com/AUUID/F73090F61
For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our thriving community on Facebook.