If you are a Food or Agriculture Entrepreneur and you are passionate about making a positive impact in the food and agriculture industry, this is an opportunity for you. Thought For Food (TFF), an organisation dedicated to empowering innovators and entrepreneurs in food and agriculture, has launched its TFF Challenge 2019.
The TFF Challenge calls for entrepreneurs in food and agriculture around the world to leverage science and technology breakthroughs in areas like artificial intelligence, blockchain and biotechnology and to utilise inclusive business models such as circularity, open data, and sharing economy in order to create locally-relevant solutions that address a wide range of pressing challenges across all parts of the food value chain—from production to distribution through to consumption and waste.
Registered participants will gain access to the TFF Digital Labs and a chance to win cash, perks and travel prizes.
- Must be between the ages of 18-40 at the time of entry.
- Teams must comprise of at least two or no more than five eligible participants.
- Teams may be comprised of eligible participants from the same or different disciplines, communities, countries, etc
Benefits on the first round: Finalists will receive an expense-paid trip for up to five (5) team members (“Trip”) to the location of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit. The prize includes
- Round-trip economy-class airfare from Finalists place of residence to the location of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit,
- Hotel accommodations for the duration of the TFF Academy and TFF Summit,
- Round trip airport transportation, and
- Meals during the TFF Academy and TFF Summit. Any taxes due on the Round 1 prize shall be the sole responsibility of Finalist
Benefits on the second round: Finalists who complete the TFF Academy will be required to present their project live on stage at the Thought For Food Global Summit, which will occur March 26, 2020. Several prizes will be awarded
- The Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project.
- The Runner Up will receive $7,500 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project. Foundation partner organizations such will award additional cash prizes – these include:
- The Kirchner Award winner will receive $5,000 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project, selected by the Kirchner Food Fellows and their independent criteria .
- The Borlaug Foundation Take it to the Farmer award winner will receive $2,500 USD in grant money to use solely for the purpose of their project, selected by an independent committee determining which innovation most impacts fermented
Click here to apply
Deadline: January 24, 2020