Are you in need of funds to build your business? ₦12m is up for grabs.
The Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award (DAAYTA) is here again. An opportunity for young Nigerians with entrepreneurship spirit to develop a start-up venture and contribute to the nation’s economy
The DAAYTA 2020 is an initiative of the ARM group in partnership with TechnoVision. The aim is to support young Nigerians with creative business ideas that will create positive impact in the society.
Applicants are required to present practical solutions along with a compelling business plan for profit-making ventures that have the prospects to create a remarkable and sustainable social impact while tackling the specific challenges identified.
Selected candidates will be given the opportunity to pitch their individual business ideas to a closed group of business professionals, entrepreneurs and investors in Lagos, on February and March 2020
Afterwards, the second stage will see 30 shortlisted candidates submit the following: a POEM framework business plan, a marketing/pitching video, detailed profiles of their board (directors & advisers), and team members, sharing their Education, Careers, Key Accomplishments and LinkedIn profiles.
Last Edition of the Deji Alli ARM Young Talent Award which took place early this year produced 6 finalist which saw Murtala Sani emerge as the winner with his business proposition WeSabi and received the award worth of ₦12,000,000 to fund and grow his business.
It is important to note that all DAAYTA 2020 events will be held in Lagos, Nigeria. However, ideas are welcomed from applicants in any part of Nigeria.
- be a citizen of Nigeria
- be between 18 and 30 years of age
- submit their application which must be their original work
- have an MVP (minimum viable product) i.e. you have customers
- be able to fund his/her/team travel expenses and other associated costs
- be physically available (with co-founders/team where they exist) for the 2-day Pitch Workshop and Final Pitch Event scheduled for February and March 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria
- understand the business of ARM, what we stand for; and be ready to represent ARM as an Ambassador
Benefits: The winner of DAAYTA 2020 shall, subject to the terms & conditions, receive funding of ₦12,000,000 over a period of one year for the following purposes:
- develop their business plan
- complete an entrepreneurial education at the Pan Atlantic University’s Enterprise Development Centre in Lagos, Nigeria
- receive 5-month acceleration support for the development of their venture through by a reputable entrepreneurial hub in Lagos, Nigeria.
How to apply: Interested applicants should begin their application via the online portal here.
Deadline: November 17, 2019.