Question: I am a University graduate and wish to apply for a loan from the Bank of Industry (BoI). How can I realise my wish?
Oladimeji Fashoro, Ikare
Answer: In 2015, the Bank of Industry launched a campaign for young graduates who are undergoing the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC). The scheme, which was called The Graduate Entrepreneurship Fund, set out to achieve the following objectives:
- To help fresh graduates
- To give loans, of N10 million or less, to members of the National Youth Service Scheme at all-in concessionary rates, at less than 10 percent.
- To encourage students to create jobs for themselves and others, thus becoming employers of labour instead of being job seekers.
To access this loan, the applicant must do the following:
- Pass a screening process.
- Attend a three-day capacity-building programme, which should result in the formulation of a business model by the applicant.
- Fill and submit an application form at the Bank of Industry.
- Submit a bankable business plan to the bank.
You stand the chance of securing the Bank of Industry loan if your business plan has the potential to succeed.
Please, feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in accessing this loan